Current & Past Fellows:
- Tara (2019, Senior Fellow 2018, 2017)
- Naomi (2019)
- Sam (2019)
- Maggie (Senior Fellow 2018, 2017)
- Alex (2018)
- Michael (2018)
- Rachel (2017)
- Thomas (2017)
- Rebekah (2017)
- Sarah (2017)
- Daniel (2017)
- Justin (2017)
- Jacob (2017)
Information about The $100 Solution Fellowship Program
The Fellowship Program is designed to locate and raise up the next generation of executive leaders at THDS. Students selected to participate in the program are assigned critical projects within the organization to challenge them, to help them learn new skills, and to prepare them to take on additional leadership responsibilities within THDS in the future.
The fellowship is designed to occur over the course of one year with two six-month terms. Fellows choose to serve through dedicated or rotational tracks. A student in a dedicated track will spend both six-month terms in a single area of the organization to gain an in-depth understanding of that unit. Conversely, a student in a rotational track will have experiences in two different areas of the organization in an effort to better understand how the organization functions as a whole. Students wishing to continue after their initial year can apply to become a Senior Fellow, after which they are eligible to become Executive Board members.
Through the program, Fellows will:
- Be assigned projects based on the critical objectives of our organization, the talents and ideas students expressed in their applications, and the particular strengths of each individual.
- Be assigned a mentor who will serve as a professional and life coach, offering regular guidance.Fellows are carefully assigned Mentors based on personal and professional similarities.
- Attend our annual meeting and monthly board conference calls.
Please fill out the form below regarding questions or interest about THDS Fellowship Program. We will get back to you shortly:
The Fellowship Program allows me to not only learn about, but also get experience, in non-profit operations. I get to work on real projects, but the work is flexible enough for me to do while also having a job and pursuing graduate studies.
~ Tara Sorrels
Through the Fellowship Program, I have learned how a small non-profit organization functions and just how much good an organization can accomplish, even with a small team. It has inspired me to pursue non-profit work in my own field.
~ Maggie Mercer